Today is May 22, 2015 -
A South Shore Jewish Community
2860 Brower Avenue
Oceanside, NY 11572
Phone: (516) 536-6112
Fax: (516) 536-0347
The mission of the OJC Harriet Seifman Inclusion Committee is to create opportunities, improve access and raise awareness in supporting meaningful inclusion of men, women and children with disabilities, and their families, in every aspect of Jewish life for OJC members, families, guests and the greater OJC community.
Please join us on Shabbat TBA for the annual Harriet Seifman Inclusion Shabbat service. Previous guest speaker has been Efrem Epstein. He is the founder of Elijah’s Journey (www.elijahsjourney.net), a non-profit organization focused on suicide awareness and prevention in the Jewish community. Click here for more information. Also see this link to a Jewish Week article about the Inclusion Shabbat.
OJC has instituted what we call the Inclusion Committee to make sure everyone at OJC not only feels welcome, but is easily able to experience our services and events. Below are just some of the things the committee has implemented and there are more to come.
• We have had a ramp built for wheelchairs and strollers to enter the Sanctuary
• We have FM Receivers (for hearing assistance) available
• We have purchased Large Print and Braille prayer books
• We have ASL Interpreters available
• We’ve made sure our restrooms are accessible for everyone
• We have made a conscious effort to be even more inclusive of children with special needs
• At all of our events we make an effort to be aware and sensitive to food allergies
If you have other ideas or have specific needs, please help us help you and others in our community, by letting us know your needs.
Help make our OJC accessible to all.
Your help in continuing the purchase of large print Siddurim, building of ramps, provision of Sign Language translation & other Inclusion supports and services will be greatly appreciated!
Please send all contributions to Seifman Inclusion Fund. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org