Today is April 18, 2015 -
A South Shore Jewish Community
2860 Brower Avenue
Oceanside, NY 11572
Phone: (516) 536-6112
Fax: (516) 536-0347
Ten Reasons I Attend Minyan
OJC is one of the only synagogues on Long Island that holds a Minyan every single morning and evening. These services are short 30-40 minutes in the morning and less in the evening. Can you come one morning/evening a week to help us have enough people? It is a great way to start and end your day.
Sunday: 9:00 AM Monday/ Thursday: 6:50 AM Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Friday: 7:00 AM
Sunday – Thursday 7:30 PM
See Shabbat Handouts, usually published on our Facebook page or our main page for timely information .
Did you have breakfast with God today?
There is no better way to begin the day than Minyan. It is a civilized way to begin and end the day.
Ten Reasons I Attend Minyan Almost Every Morning….
You might think I attend morning Minyan because I have a professional responsibility to do so (I am the Rabbi, after all). But that’s not the reason I show up most mornings. I attend Minyan because I enjoy it. I attend because it’s a civilized way to begin the day. Here are the top ten reasons I attend Minyan:
1. Attending Minyan is like having breakfast with God!
2. The prayer book reminds me what really counts in life and the things for which I’m thankful.
3. Shacharit is a Jewish way of saying “Wow” – and experiencing a sense of wonder.
4. There’s something satisfying about knowing I helped make the Minyan – especially when I’m number ten.
5. Putting on Tefillin is cool! It is the original ‘wrap’ session.
6. I’m happy to bring a little comfort to someone saying Kaddish for a loved one.
7. It reminds me that I’m not alone in the world: I’m part of a community and part of the Jewish people.
8. It helps me wake up. I may be asleep when I arrive but I’m wide awake and ready to go by the time Minyan ends.
9. The people who attend Minyan are my friends – I love seeing them first thing in the morning.
10. Why do I attend Minyan? It’s a Mitzvah!